Monday, May 17, 2010

The Machine Girl

I'm getting pretty burnt out on writing reviews. I may take a break from Movie Lottery for a while.
Ami's brother and his friend, Miki's son, were killed by a gang of bullies, the leader of whom is a yakuza's son. So Ami and Miki get some crazy ass revenge.
You know how in Planet Terror there's a pretty girl with a gun leg? The Machine Girl has a pretty girl with a gun arm. If Death Proof hadn't been made, this would have made a good second half of Grindhouse.
It's an action movie but it's got some of the craziest gore I've seen in a while, so that was fun. The whole movie was fun, really over the top and not meant to be taken seriously at all (I hope). I really liked it.
Even though Ami is the iconic one (the movie's about her, she's the one with the gun appendage), Miki is, as far as I'm concerned, the most badass muthafucka this side of Samuel L. Jackson. In fact, I'm kind of tired of Sam Jack. His badassness is getting old. Miki is so badass she doesn't even need to point out how badass she is. Take that, Jackson!

P.S. I also watched Captain EO last night, but have decided not to review it because it turns out it's mostly just a really expensive music video. And the song's not very good. Angelica Huston got to wear some pretty kickass fingernails, though.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: