Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Killer Tongue

While waiting for her boyfriend to get out of jail, Candy accidentally eats some soup that a meteor fell in, giving her the titular Killer Tongue and turning her poodles into over the top drag queens.
And that's about the extent of this movie that I understood. Apparently Movie Lottery decided today was the day for convoluted, disjointed, barely cohesive movies featuring actors I like named Robert.
Killer Tongue at least had the saving(ish) grace of being so ridiculously campy and weird that I can't be mad at it.
There were nuns, a prison warden with "fuck you" tattooed on his knuckles, a big red glowy thing that sometimes healed people and sometimes exploded them, a lot of shots of the desert, a pretty gross tongue puppet and some pretty awesome boots.
It took me 'til about the last ten minutes of the movie to figure out who, if anybody, were supposed to be the good guys and the bad guys and I don't know what I think of the movie as a whole. It was entertaining, I guess, but I couldn't follow it and it felt way longer than the one hundred (or so) minutes that it was.
I think a lot of people I was friends with in high school would have liked this movie.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: