Monday, March 12, 2012

Silent House

I didn't know much about Silent House going in; just that it's show in real time and the previews made it look like it has something to do with ghosts.
It's not about ghosts.
There are certain subjects that I think are incredibly serious and should be dealt with in an incredibly serious manner, and I don't necessarily think horror movies are the place for them. ... Sort of? I guess if the movie is made well enough and deals with the subject well enough it doesn't matter what genre it is. However, I don't think this movie was up to the challenge.
I watch horror movies to be entertained, not to think about real life atrocities. Silent House has some good moments and was suspenseful enough to make me want to know what the hell is going on, but once it got to the explanation part of our show, I ended up feeling mostly just unclean.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: