Monday, June 6, 2011

Inside The Marx Brothers

Inside The Marx Brothers is a short documentary which is, thankfully, about the Marx Brothers' movies and other works (and not about their innards).
It doesn't go particularly in depth into anything and focuses more on Groucho than any of the other brothers (which is kinda frustrating for a girl who's always liked Harpo best) but it's interesting and entertaining.
There are a lot of old clips from various television programs and trailers for their movies and behind the scenes photos.
The part I really geeked out over, though, was near the end when they played a clip of one of the audio tapes Harpo made while he was writing Harpo Speaks.
I heard Harpo speak. For reals. That makes me very happy.
And now I kinda wish I owned every Marx Brothers movie so I could watch them all. Even Humorisk (which doesn't exist anymore because Groucho hated it and had every copy destroyed). Even the ones from after Zeppo left (Zeppo's my second favorite Marx Brother). Even Love Happy (which I've heard is terrible). This is the sort of mood that happens when a compulsive collector feels nostalgic.
I grew up watching Marx Brothers movies. I'm sad there'll never be a comedy team like them again.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: