Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child

You know what bugs me, is as the series goes on Freddy stops using his glove. That glove is fucking awesome and I can't remember it really being used as a weapon after the third movie. It just becomes a really bitchin' accessory. That's all well and good for me; my Freddy glove is made of plastic. But, damn it, if you're actually Freddy Krueger, use the damn thing!
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I had a baby (whose name was Frederick, now that I think about it; we all know what's short for Frederick ... that's really weird) who was a demon baby and wanted to kill everyone. Even me. I was also the only person he liked, though, so he was going to kill me last, I guess. I'd never seen this movie when I had that dream, but there were some interesting parallels.
I have serious issues with demon babies. There's a reason I've never seen It's Alive.
I have a few problems with this movie. First of all, it's gross. For example, one character is force-fed to death, so there's exaggerated puffed out cheeks and gross vomity looking stuff spewing from her mouth. I don't deal well with that sort of thing.
I'm also pissed off that the one really likeable character, Mark, was the most poorly acted character in the movie. The best performance came from Yvonne, the annoying bitchy character that I hated. What the hell? That's not fair!
Dream Child is giving Freddy's Revenge pretty healthy competition for Worst Nightmare Movie.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: