Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master

I watched this movie two days ago and I can barely remember it. Oops.
What I can tell you is that it wasn't a bad movie. Admittedly, I'm partial to the Nightmare series. We all know I love Robert Englund, but I also love dream sequences.
There are three genres of television episode I will always watch, even if they're happening on a show I don't watch, or even can't stand: musical episodes, Halloween episodes and dream episodes. In fact, my favorite episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer (a show that dabbled in all three genres) is Restless, the last episode of season four which consists of nothing but Willow, Xander, Giles and Buffy's dreams.
All right. So. Back to what I was saying in the first place:
Admittedly, I'm partial to the Nightmare series. And, as Nightmare movies go, this wasn't great. It wasn't bad, either. It just was.
It was so average that I can't really remember it. I'm pretty sure I had fun watching it. I know this was really the start of Funny Freddy, who became stronger in the fifth and sixth movies.
And there were a lot of shots of Freddy kind of far away and silhouettey with his glove prominently displayed. He got three or four dramatic reveals in the movie, in spite of the fact that it's only really dramatic the first time.
That wasn't a complaint. It's just something I noticed.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: