Sunday, June 3, 2012

Inkubus

It was two or three years ago when I first heard of Inkubus. Whenever my last Robert Englund phase was. Two years, I think. And I was very, very excited to see it.
I didn't really know what to expect because I didn't really hear any plot descriptions. I also didn't really want to. It's fun to go in not knowing.
So I can't say whether or not Inkubus lived up to my expectations. I didn't love it. My mind kept wandering so I guess the story wasn't the most interesting.
However, Inkubus has one really huge factor that made it good enough to keep (you all know what's coming):
Robert Englund
He's glorious in this. Very smooth and controlled, one of those suave sort of villains. I love that. And there was one moment, actually the only moment in the movie that creeped me out, that I think proves what a fine actor the man can be. All he did was lift up his hands. That's it. He says a line and suddenly lifts his hands up, just to show that they're no longer handcuffed. And my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my mouth.
Inkubus is a movie for Robert Englund fans if nobody else. He's in it enough to be worth the price of admission and he put in a lovely, creepy performance. None of the ham that he seems to be known for. (Don't get me wrong, I love my hammy actors. But it's so nice when they can reel it in.)

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: