Thursday, November 14, 2013

Gravity

Gravity is a very good movie but I can't say that I liked it. It was exhausting and parts of it were too sad and all of it was too heavy and serious for my taste.
The visuals were fantastic and the acting was good enough for me to forget for the most part that I was watching actors. I think a making-of documentary about this movie would be very interesting.
When I first saw the trailer for Gravity I kind of thought "Well, I just saw the whole movie so I don't need to see that one" and I was kind of wrong. There was definitely a lot of movie other than what went on in the trailer but to me it all kind of felt like filler.
I'm just not the audience for this movie. It's supposed to be an incredibly harrowing and moving story and no matter how well it's done, that sort of thing just doesn't appeal to me.
As far as I was concerned there was a point, probably about twenty or thirty minutes in, where I felt like it could have ended and I would have been completely satisfied and probably also a sobbing mess on the floor.
So for me, I guess, it would have worked much better as a short than a feature. But, like I said, I am not the audience for Gravity.

End of line.
-Sally

No comments: