Friday, August 10, 2012

The Bourne Legacy

The Bourne Legacy is a treadmill. It goes and goes and goes, and no matter how long you've been watching it, you never get any closer to the ending. I'm not entirely sure I'm not still watching it.
Lauren seemed to like it a lot (though she was disappointed that Edward Norton didn't get punched in the dick (her words, not mine)) but she likes Jeremy Renner and she might even like the Bourne movies in general. I didn't have that draw; I went to see it because she wanted to see it. Which is fine. I was entertained enough. It had action sequences, a plot I could barely follow and about thirty seconds of David Strathairn. I just felt like I was watching it forever and I didn't care enough to spend that much time with it.
It's kind of sad that, of the two movies I saw tonight, I think I preferred The Watch. 'Cause The Watch really wasn't very good. But that at least had an actor I like in it. And a funny line. And it didn't feel hideously long.
Also, there's a scene in The Bourne Legacy where Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz are in a car and he's trying to get her to tell him something that she doesn't know the answer to and they're both shouting at each other the same things over and over at the same time, trying to drown each other out, and it took every ounce of willpower I had to not stand up and scream "STOP IT!" I have a horrible feeling that's going to be the part of this movie I remember the most.

End of line.
-Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first paragraph of this review made me laugh out loud.
And then I read it to Bill.
And then I laughed again.
proffy

Staples said...

Haha! Awesome. Glad you liked it. I was pretty proud of that analogy.